In our everyday lives, we consume large amounts of energy. This energy consumption provides us with a convenient and comfortable lifestyle, but at the same time it produces an extremely large quantity of CO2, exacerbating global warming, which is becoming a threat to our ecosystem. At StemRIM, we are pursuing activities to help achieve a globally sustainable society by utilizing all of our business assets with maximal effectiveness. Through strict separation of categories of waste materials and saving electricity, we are reducing CO2output to contribute to the building of a better society.
Initiatives to reduce CO2 output
All employees at StemRIM recognize the problems relating to environmental and social sustainability and are working on initiatives to reduce CO2 output. We use our limited resources to the maximum extent to contribute to building a low-carbon-output society. Specifically, we are working on the following initiatives.
- Encouraging saving of electricity in rooms that are not in use
- Switching off some of the indoor lighting in internal corridors to save electricity
- Placing plants in rooms that people use to contribute to the reduction of CO2
- Placing blinds on windows to increase the efficiency of air cooling systems
Initiatives to preserve biodiversity
We will strive to comply with the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety to the Convention on Biological Diversity with regard to the use of materials such as genetically modified organisms, and ensure that they are handled appropriately.
We are striving to create a recycling-oriented society through the separation of waste and increasing the ratio of recycled waste. We review the consumption of unnecessary goods, and take initiatives to achieve a recycling-oriented society.Specifically, we are working on the following initiatives.
- Using monitors for meetings, to create a paperless working environment
- Using the reverse side of paper documents and reducing the amount of paper copies
- Encouraging the use of reusable containers